View Single Post
Old 06-08-2018, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HasselhoffsCheeseburger View Post
Am I alone in thinking that the white letter on the back should not be recognized as the variation and, instead, it's the grey letter that should be considered the variation?

Grey letters on the back occur on ALL silver signature cards. White letters on the back occur on ALL regular base. The odd man out are the handful of regular base that have the grey letters on the back.

It should be the grey (or, more accurately, silver) letter variation.

Arthur
Arthur,

The 6 cards you mentioned:
642 Johnny Damon
643 Brad Fulmer
645 Derek Lee
646 Alex Ochoa
647 Alex Rodriguez
650 Preston Wilson

I think for their base cards the most common form is the card with a grey/silver letter, but some of the factory sets contain the cards that match the other cards from the subset with the white letters. The only packs I've opened of 94 CC was when I was I kid back around 1994, so I'm not 100% on that though.

Strangely enough, the the silver signature white letter version of the Arod has a grey/silver A on the back and the Jeter silver signature white letter cards have the white D. I'm wondering if the other cards you listed come with the grey/silver letter on the back of the silver signature white letters. I have a few of the other guys in silver signature white letter, so I'll try to dig them up and check.