View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 08:54 AM
Richard Simon

Default Oh how I hate these things,,

I am a Teddy Roosevelt collector, among other things, and recently did an ebay search for Roosevelt items, and found this item offered at the insane price of $8000. It is not even a 1/1.
The owner has had this for two years (maybe more), and he has turned down 26 offers. Yes 26, not a typo.
In his ad he states: "is not cut from an ugly check. This is a nice, full signature." and yet it is signed T. Roosevelt. DUH, THAT IS NOT A FULL SIGNATURE.
For $8000 you can buy a number of fine Roosevelt items including several signed letters, signed photos and signed Presidential documents. You can mat and frame those items and have a wall full of Theodore Roosevelt items in your home.
I have discussed my views before on these pieces but this one just made me want to post it here and vent a little.
I know it is America and anyone can try to sell something for whatever they want (no need to jump on me about that) but this one is a bit much.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg roosevelt-cut.jpg (70.3 KB, 225 views)
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow

Last edited by RichardSimon; 05-08-2013 at 08:55 AM.