View Single Post
Old 12-30-2013, 02:36 PM
Mike C@.v3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRBAKER View Post
I did get what you are saying. The bucks are meant to incent buying behavior, if you haven't accumulated at least $5 worth under the program then it isn't working toward that end and they are simply saying (to me) either buy more if the Ebucks mean anything to you or don't.

There's no right or wrong here, it's their program. It's designed to benefit ebay - not sellers or buyers (large or small). They have and always will make changes in their favor.

It would be nice (and customer friendly) to let the sub-$5 balances rollover and accumulate but they decided otherwise.
Word up, Jeff! I agree that it would be nice if they just roll it over, but that would cut into their profits, so....that ain't happening anytime soon!

I also know what you are saying about not fitting small or large buyers/sellers in particular, but yes, that's what businesses do...they attract business one way or another and this move did not do that. Do you think Wal-Mart only has themselves in mind when making changes? Of course not...they have everyone in mind...something to compete and win the customer base over. It all makes sense in the end...but eBay is going in reverse IMO

I also feel like they realize they are getting smacked around by Amazon and the profits aren't there like they used to be. Maybe they just can't make the profits without upping the fees and taking away from their customers? Just a thought...
1938 Goudey Graded VG range 37/48

Last edited by freakhappy; 12-30-2013 at 02:39 PM.