View Single Post
Old 01-08-2020, 08:33 AM
Ted Zanidakis

Default T206 REFERENCE..Group of 36 subjects (350 Series) that are CB, EPDG, OM, PB NO-PRINTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by stutor View Post
Wow Ted. I’m always looking for patterns within the set to help me understand how everything fits together, and this is certainly a neat pattern that you have found. Thank you for sharing! It certainly seems that these 36 were printed, as you said, ‘exclusively’ of the others in the 190 card group.
How does this information fit with the ‘double name’ card of Rossman? Rossman is 350 only but does not belong in the 190 group because he isn’t available with the ABCD backs. However, there is a P350 ‘double name’ card of Rossman with McBride’s name at the top. One would think any double name card involving one of your 36 group would have BOTH players from the 36 grouping.
I hope my wording of all of that is somewhat coherent. I’d appreciate your thoughts. Thank you again for sharing the group of 36.

Sonny
Hi Sonny

Your wording is perfect.

OK, I'll start with displaying my simulated 48-card sheet of 350 Series T206's. I constructed this sheet years ago to get an idea how American Litho (ALC) printed these cards.
This sheet represents the 48 subjects (Major Leaguers) in the 1910 COUPON set. It is the only realistic source of how ALC printed the T206 cards. In this case, ALC simply took
an early 350 Series pre-printed sheet of cards and printed the COUPON brand on their backs. We have evidence as to the timeline of the COUPON's issue date from Macon (GA)
newspaper clippings (dated Feb 1910).

In the upper left 2 rows of this simulated sheet you will find McBride and Rossman. Rossman retired from MLB in Sept 1909. Therefore, he isn't part of the gang of 190 subjects
printed with the A-B-C-D backs which were introduced by ALC in the Summer of 1910.

Now, the 36 subject sheet, which I am referring to, was printed early in the game (circa Spring of 1910). I base this on my understanding that the CAROLINA BRIGHTS and the
POLAR BEAR backs were not printed until the Summer of 1910.

1910 COUPON (T213-1) Major League (48) subjects

TED Z

Last edited by tedzan; 01-08-2020 at 06:07 PM. Reason: Added information.