View Single Post
Old 08-24-2011, 05:49 PM
Ben H*ds@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrysloate View Post
Pete- I can't say for sure why SGC makes fewer mistakes, but I've surmised that PSA simply has too many submissions and can't spend as much time with each card. If you have to work in an assembly line manner, you are going to make some mistakes.
I very much agree with this post Barry. Here are my personal perceptions from dealing with graded cards for about 2 and a half years. I am curious to see what more experienced collectors think.

PSA- like the registry, and the .5 scale. I think that PSA's grading is very lenient on T206 Cobb cards. I haven't formed an opinion with SGC's grading of Cobb cards for now.

SGC- grading seems to be conservative which is a good thing... I think that SGC is too lenient with centering and should utilize a system similar to PSA on cards with marks, or paper loss... Unless I am missing things, SGC needs a data base registry for individual cards on their site ASAP! The lack of an easily accessible card registry by SGC really annoys me!!!!! Love SGC's holders!

Beckett- like the registry and the holder... The grading and their scale is way too inconsistent for me...

Regardless of grading company, I look at the card first and then the grade before making a purchasing decision.