View Single Post
Old 08-05-2002, 03:18 PM
Administrator

Default authentic grade, new look

Posted By: jay behrens

You'll need to ask an expert in the comic field, but I don't think the fact that CGC grades restored comic has caused an increased demand for restored comics.

Personally, I want an unaltered card. But if the majority of the public wants altered cards, then that is there choice. No one will force you or me to buy them and the customer will know what they are buying.

Besides, I am sure the same thing would with cards that has happened with comics, 2 cards with the same grade, but one is altered, the other is not and the unaltered one will sell for far more than the altered card. The people that buy these cards will be the same people that already buy altered cards. They care more about the appearance of the cards than wether or not is in it original state or not.

No one should be so concieted to think that their version of collecting is the only acceptable way of collecting or that something look upon with distain should be treated the same way by everyone. It would be a pretty boring world we all thought the same.

Jay