View Single Post
Old 02-25-2016, 11:11 AM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascal1010 View Post
I know this has been beat to death in numerous threads in the past, but it seems like it has always been over a matter of grading cost or resale value, etc. For simplicity sake lets use a few assumptions about my Private Collection -
1. These cards will never be sold out of this PC, upon my death, they will be buried with me, so my kids don't have to worry about inheriting them!
2. The cost of grading per card is not an issue - I have a money tree in my back yard so the cost of grading should not even be considered.

My question is simply this - I have a collection of cards that I would like to have accurately and consistently graded for protection of the card and display purposes, which company is going to give me the most industry standard accurate grade and most consistently graded collection of cards over my entire collection ranging from T206 cards to Present Day cards?

I own cards that have been graded by all three grading companies and have seen cards graded by all three of them that I disagree with the grading on both higher and lower (and yes I realize card grading is very subjective). Maybe I'm asking for too much in being able to use 1 company to grade both vintage and modern cards consistently & accurately.

I do hope this thread does not digress into PSA cards worth more than SGC & BVG cards in holders (that is not the answer that I am seeking). I just want to know when you sit down and randomly grab a card out of your own collection, which holder you want your own card in, to know with a higher degree of accuracy that it is an accurately graded card.

Thanks in advance for your input!

Personally I have noticed that PSA sells for about 25% more than SGC when it comes to buying graded cards so for investment purposes you may wanna go with PSA, however I have to agree with Gary that the SGC cases are just beautiful!!