View Single Post
Old 12-05-2020, 07:03 AM
P@trick R.omolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by T205 GB View Post
I remember seeing the first Blue Old Mill at the 2011 National in Chicago. Man what a great National that was!! There was always a lot of skepticism in the beginning and even SGC was cautious about grading it. If I am not mistaken there may be pics of that card floating around somewhere in an SGC holder now. I took the pics originally for the board but no longer have them available or I would post them. I 100% agreed with the color and at the time it seemed impossible but I got lucky and got to take a seat at the table. Used a 10x Loupe and both a black light and led on it to see if there was any anomaly that may have been left by a chemical or uneven coloring like a color has been passed over again. Anything that could show proof it was not genuine. I found nothing questionable and even the cut showed factory edges common on the T cards from the time period. That leads to speculation that at least ONE full sheet was printed and distributed. I am glad that it was verified and slabbed but having two more come to light makes me look a tiny less crazy now. Lol.

Here are the Pics you took.
Blue Old Mill.jpg

Blue Old Mill Back.jpg

Last edited by Pat R; 12-05-2020 at 07:14 AM.