View Single Post
Old 01-07-2003, 03:54 PM
Administrator

Default Paper Policeman, Help!

Posted By: Dan Mathewson

...but:

>>>Are the ebay listings purposely misleading---probably.<<<

I would say they Definitely are purposely misleading.

>>>Are these the first misleading listings that I have seen on ebay---definately not. I see misrepresentations on vintage card listings on a regular basis. There are plenty of lawyers on the board. If you think these guys are commiting fraud why not report them to the proper authorities. If not, I suggest you save your breath with them. You argueing will not convince them they are doing something wrong...<<<

This, though, is the point. I don't think anyone here ever had the intent (or hope) to CHANGE what Roy does by hoping that Idiot/Thief might see what we write here. We talk about it here because we can't report his misrepresentation as a crime... If it isn't directly fraud (and, incidentally, what he does IS an eBay violation but they also will not do anything about it) we can only talk about it here and hope that the new folks who do see our board will read what we discuss abotu Roy (and about other stuff) so that they won't be ripped off. I wish I had always had this Board to read from and interact with from Day 1 when I started collecting... We can't change Roy, but we can keep some of our friends, new and old, from getting shafted by him.