View Single Post
Old 06-24-2014, 11:28 AM

That's awesome news and great information, thanks!

I do have other questions about the set. Since I've been looking on ebay at other Unitas cards for comparison, I started to look at the cards in the set in general and have started to see "differences" in printing (variations?) on most cards.
Here is an example (scans borrowed)

@ cards of Ed Khayat, from the Eagles. At first glance they are just the same card, until you start to study and compare the pictures. The card on top has the photo section "shifted" slightly upward leaving a smaller gap between the tower in the background and the upper border of the photo, compared to the card on the bottom. There is more grass showing between his shoes and the bottom border of the picture as well. But the ting that intrigues me the most is the 2 white flagpoles you can see in the bottom card, on the building behind the player (I'm assuming this may be part of Municipal Stadium?) have been removed from the top card. I see this same phenomenon on a majority of the Eagles cards as well.

Do you know if there were multuiple printings of these? Maybe using different plates/screens? maybe printed in 2 different locations?

I've seen subtle differences like these in a majority of the cards I look at from this set.