View Single Post
Old 08-12-2019, 11:36 AM
Jason S!m@nds

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMPEP View Post
I think it comes down to the consignors.

PWCC will be in business as long as they get good "stuff" from their consignors.

Even if I (and others) pass because of bidding on their stuff, enough people will bid to keep prices strong.

And I must admit - I get it.

Even though I will avoid them, if they posted for sale a W572 Walt Barbare - trimmed/doctored/shill bidding/whatever - I would make an exception and bid. Sorry. It's one of my final 3 - and doctored or not - I've been looking for it for years. So if I see it, I'm bidding. I'm sure there are cards others are looking for too, and they will make certain exceptions for (even if I don't think they "should").

So the only question is will consignors still go to PWCC?

The answer to date appears to be YES.
I'm still a consignor.

I had a bunch of PSA graded 1940 Play Ball cards and, because of the scandal, I decided to sell the majority myself. I still sent a handful to PWCC (mostly doubles) which ended yesterday.

I'll tell you, the PWCC cards did significantly better than the ones I decided to sell on my own. Not only that, but one of the copies I sold was returned because the buyer didn't like the style of PSA holder (seriously). I regret going through the effort and putting in the time to sell these myself just to deal with idiots on ebay and get less for my efforts.

I'll keep trying to move away from PWCC, but it's difficult to justify the amount of work to sell things yourself. It's significantly more work for less pay.