View Single Post
Old 08-12-2019, 11:42 AM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhs5120 View Post
I'm still a consignor.

I had a bunch of PSA graded 1940 Play Ball cards and, because of the scandal, I decided to sell the majority myself. I still sent a handful to PWCC (mostly doubles) which ended yesterday.

I'll tell you, the PWCC cards did significantly better than the ones I decided to sell on my own. Not only that, but one of the copies I sold was returned because the buyer didn't like the style of PSA holder (seriously). I regret going through the effort and putting in the time to sell these myself just to deal with idiots on ebay and get less for my efforts.

I'll keep trying to move away from PWCC, but it's difficult to justify the amount of work to sell things yourself. It's significantly more work for less pay.
I noticed the same thing myself. Last night, I sold a 1933 Goudey Joe Sewell PSA 2. It brought $35. PWCC sold the same card in a PSA 2.5 (which my '2' looked better than). They brought $65. Just seems that their cards are always bringing in more money for inferior examples. It is like those bidders didn't even see my card.