View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 08:33 PM
Eddie S.
Eddie Smi.th

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblebathgirl View Post

AHs have blind bidding with NO buyer protection. You can get bid up and you'd have no idea ... you can have an item delivered not as described (or not at all) and you have no recourse. Whereas on ebay you have buyer (and seller) protection.
I am not trying to be argumentative, because it is apparent our basic opinions are very different. But an auction house that doesn't deliver cards people have paid for or consistently misrepresents what people are buying (i.e. shipping reprints depicted as real cards or consistently selling phony items like a Coaches Corner) will either go out of business like Mastro did or get a reputation as a place to avoid.

You keep talking in absolutes that the reason the cards you have cited sold for more at auction houses than eBay is because of shilling at the auction houses. I don't know the right answer -- and no one does -- but it seems just as viable to me that auction house prices are higher because each product is put in front of a greater number of potential buyers and a lot of people just don't want to deal with the scammers and rip off artists that so heavily populate eBay.

Last edited by Bored5000; 02-09-2013 at 09:04 PM.