View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 06:21 PM
bubblebathgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW View Post
Paul, I won't deny that shill bidding or "safety bids" do occur at AHs. I also feel that you have every right to state your case and warn others about these happenings within our hobby. I hope you realize, though, that there are factors *other* than shill bidding that allow AHs to realize higher prices on items. I think you might take a little too much heat on this issue because you are so steadfast and stubborn. Ultimately, I think you have good intentions, as I hope others realize.

€hû¢k Wölƒƒ

Thanks for your thoughtful comments Chuck. I definitely realize that there are many things at play ... with everything really.

I think most people realize that I have good intentions, and that I've given them something important to think about, so that they can better protect themselves knowing better what they're getting involved with.

I've clearly touched on a nerve with the knee-jerk responses some have given ... almost in utter awe that I'd dare question their beloved AHs.

Unfortunately there will always be a few very noisy people who can't seem to handle the idea that they may have been duped, so they lash out at the informer instead of thinking about things ... that's just human nature, they just can't help themselves.

There are also those who are heavily vested in these AHs, so I have no doubt that they'll only change they're way of operating when they are forced to do so, or when it makes financial sense to them.

I'm not surprised by anything that's gone on with any of this, it's just evolution, it takes a long time usually, and it requires people to think and act differently.