View Single Post
Old 04-26-2024, 05:10 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Default The Ant and the Rubber Tree Plant

Talk about hiiiiiiiiii-iiiiiiiiigh hopes!!!!!

Everyone's wondering WTF is wrong(er) with eBay these days, and I found a prime example of what answers the question for me...

Here's a 1973 Kellogg's #27 (See what the cereal folks did there, giving him number 27? Nice!!!) Carlton Fisk.
This is one of the easiest 'Topps Era' sets to complete in all PSA 10, because the 54 cards were mailed to kids as an eighteen deep stack of 3 attached/perforated cards. Since they were seemingly (perhaps due to the lack of 3-D magic?) stored away and forgotten about, the vast majority were left in pristine condition, so you're basically guaranteed to get a 9 or 10 if you detach one and send it off to a TPG, so there's honestly not a lot of value there (except, of course, for a couple of the big stars). But I digress...

Here is a listing for a Fisk, followed by what PSA 10s of that card routinely sell for.

(With apologies to Doris Day) That's a pretty frickin' large rubber tree plant to move...

highhopes1973kelloggsfisk01.jpg

highhopes1973kelloggsfisk02.jpg

But, hey, at least you'll get everyone's favorite "Authenticity Guarantee" to ensure this card of Ruthian value is legitimate...so you got that going for you, which is nice.
Better act fast before it's gone...a measly 5,000%+ mark-up is nothing!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.