View Single Post
Old 11-03-2015, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolarBear View Post
I'll never end up collecting them, but I think the 1991 Desert Shield set is one of the best modern sets. I hope they hold their value over time.

A lot of Topps Heritage will probably hold up over time also.
Agreed on both counts. Topps has nailed it with Heritage year in and year out. Beautiful cards, on-card autographs, and print runs that are attainable but not ridiculous.

I put together the full swath of Anthony Rendon cards from last year and enjoyed the search so much that I wound up opening a few boxes just for fun (I hardly ever buy boxes of anything these days)...wound up building the set, SPs and all. It was an absolute blast.

The the parallels are beautiful cards as well. I know this board isn't a huge fan of shiny stuff but the Black Refractors simply pop.

I even built the High Number series with all the SPs and action variations and a bunch of the color swaps. I can't be the only one--check out the prices for some of the random parallels on eBay--people really like putting these sets together.

I know I'm not breaking new ground here but yeah, I think Heritage has as good a shot as any as holding/gaining value over the years. This year's High Numbers series is chock full of great rookies that could really boom in the coming years.