View Single Post
Old 09-30-2013, 11:25 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

I thought the image of Cheetah with the pen was the JSA cert team at work...

I know there are those who hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil about the TPG system, but I am not one of them. That said, and squarely not being one who usually defends monkey business in the Hobby, I nevertheless don't see the idea of a Cheetah-signed collectible as entirely bananas. Animal performers were a part of many of our childhood entertainment memories--I mean who did not ape Cheetah's behavior at least once while playing a make-believe game of Tarzan as a kid? If we loved the movies and the performers and the animals were a huge part of it, why not pack the sharpies in the ol' Samsonite, swing into action and get one of the few animal performers capable of staying on task to mark a photo? It ain't like you're gonna get Flipper or Skippy to monkey see, monkey do for you. Obviously, there are enough gorillas in the mist with the simoleons to make the endeavor profitable--you have to admit it is a heck of a conversation piece--so why not have JSA cert the thing, especially if it could be accomplished on site. It isn't like we're asking those chimps to cert a Sal Bando...

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 09-30-2013 at 11:29 AM.