View Single Post
Old 04-01-2015, 10:54 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

I don't think it is an adult attitude to be so afraid of a person's acts that we cannot mention him or that we erase his memorabilia from the Hobby. This ain't Harry Potter and Hernandez or OJ is no Voldemort, so I don't have any issue with someone who wants to collect cards of thugs. Besides, you don't honor the memory of victims by erasing the criminal from the collective consciousness.

Infamy is just as collected as fame. Always has been and always will be. Achieving at the edge of the curve, whether good or evil, is fascinating to us ordinary Joes.

What I don't personally want to do is to financially support a person whose fame derives from brutality towards others. I have no problem owning an OJ card--I have several because he was the greatest back in the early 1970s and crucial to several Topps issues of my childhood--but I would not pay him to sign them. But that is my decision and I don't judge others who would get a signature. Maybe the guys from Mastro and Legendary can organize a private signing?

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 04-01-2015 at 10:58 AM.