View Single Post
Old 08-20-2015, 01:35 PM
Tony Quinn

Bit of a long story. I bought 2 boxes of early 2000's cards off ebay. After the first one, the second had all the cards stuck together in the packs like they had been in the heat or moisture. Every card completely ruined. I contacted the seller in hopes he would do something (I don't know who's fault it was they were like that). I didn't hear anything back but a package showed up at my door. It was a box of 2000 UD Yankees Greats or Legends. A note said he was sorry and hoped this would make up for the ruined cards. A very nice gesture on his part. Me and my son started opening the box and came across a bat card of Joe Gordon. No biggie, but there was only onepull per box so that was that. I told him go ahead and tear open the rest for fun. A minute later he says "dad, I got a Babe Ruth card". Cool, nice he knows who he is and seemed excited. Base card I'm sure, nothing special. "Hey it's like the other one" What? "It's got a piece of wood on it" No it doesn't, I'm sure, he's 6 and doesn't know what he's talking about. "Yes it does" I take a look and no sh*t, it's a Babe Ruth bat card! WOW! Coolest pull ever (and since then too). I emailed the seller to say thanks and let him know how much I appreciated it. Never heard a word back. Must have been PISSED when he heard he just gave away a $300 card!
That's my story.