View Single Post
Old 04-12-2022, 12:02 PM
@ndrew woo.dfin

So the snow ball of corruption continues under a different name. I feel honestly that PSA hired guys from the hobby that knew what subs they were dealing with. PSA may have not know their intentions upon hiring but there should have been flags raised when pre 70's cards are minting non stop. They gave their friends the best grades for kickbacks. I do not believe for one second that graders are unaware of whose cards they have. Pretty much says that in the article. How does one stay organized like that without identifying subs? I have the same sub # from the beginning so a friend could easily find my name or # and pull the sub for special care grading. I also watched a blatantly altered card be handed to PSA at a show, pre 18', and come back with a numerical grade. I said something and the lady turned her back on me and walked away. Proof enough they knew what was happening. More than happy to tell the feds who the card belonged to and what I witnessed but we all know they don't really care except to recoup funds for the rich who can afford to lawyer up without going broke.

Just honestly seems silly we all squawk about wanting a new grading service but the beast continues to get fed. All these guys here saying they are only collectors so grading is strictly for protection but won't buy a new service because of devaluation. So what is it then? Asinine thinking the plastic is worth that much more than the card but this hobby is all about how much plastic you have. So where is the value? Is it the actual card or the plastic holder? If you value the holder then remove the cards for someone who actually collects and keep that valuable plastic you stupidly paid for. I get grief all the time at shows for selling raw. I just tell them to spend their own money if they want a piece of plastic and an opinion so bad. I have graded 3 cards since 2012 and the rest reside raw or purchased for near the same amount as a raw example. I love this hobby but its very hypocritical. You alter cards and your no good/shunned, but those same guys that judge are the same that buy from frauds in the hobby and feed the beast.

I have lost more than I will ever recoup trying to set up a process to grade accurately and fairly each time. I came up with so many ideas and watched as my ideas were blatantly ripped off with not a thank you ever said. I hope I live long enough to buy all them out so I can fire and close the whole thing down. Make them worthless and establish a new era of card grading that actually has integrity and morals. An accurate registry and as transparent as clear glass. Special thin holders that are not breakable, UV proof, fire retardant, and are sealed specially to forever protect the card inside. You can smash it with a hammer both on the flat and along the sides and you are not able to break it open. Cards must be specially removed. Messed up part is I would have bent over backwards to help one company had they not stole. I wonder how much market share they would have now had they did the right thing and just approached me to work with them. It would have cost way less than they spent trying to figure it out. Best part was the egg in their face when it backfired like a quadrajunk carb on a 305.

Member since 2009