View Single Post
Old 03-20-2007, 07:33 PM
Administrator

Default anyone have a photo of a 1933 or 1934 Goudey unopened pack?

Posted By: David Smith

Me too!! Imagine what a box of unopened Goudeys would bring in a Mastro Auction??

He said this find was back in the late 1960's or early 1970's. By the time I knew him, he had sold off a lot of his collection because of fears of theft.

Another find he had but didn't buy was multiple MINT Kahns Weiner cards of all sports. He either put an ad in a newspaper that he would be in a certain town at a certain date looking to buy ball cards or he was at an early ballcard show, I can't remember which, and a guy showed up with a suitcase full of cards.

The seller said his Dad worked at Kahn's and when the cards first came out, he would buy (or take) a complete set. After the promotion was over for that year, he would buy (or take) the extras and make more sets.

My friend said he didn't buy the cards because he was afraid they were stolen and he didn't want to take the chance of having his Law license revoked since he had a wife and a couple of young children. That was one of the few things he regretted not buying.

David