View Single Post
Old 03-27-2008, 09:16 PM
Administrator

Default PSA Turnaround Times

Posted By: Brian

So I have posted before about the plight my father in law and I went through in building our Cracker Jack sets. PSA did feature our collection in SMR, but I would not call their service stellar. Outside of inconsistent grading standards, customer service leaves quite a bit to be desired.

Coming on the heels of our last experience with PSA, I felt compelled to post.

In an effort to complete our 1915 set, I purchased a Walter Johnson from a board member who was great to work with, and sent the card overnight to PSA. I have had several face to face meetings with PSA throughout the compiling of the sets, and called Roy at PSA ahead of time saying that the card was coming in, and that it needed to be turned quickly in order to get it into the hands of REA in time for the start of their sale. He said no problem, and sent me a confirmation that the shipping/receiving group had the package in hand. 2 weeks, 8 emails and 2 phone calls later, we got a response. The card had been graded, but they weren't sure who to charge, so it sat for a week. Roy had never filled out the paper work, and to my humility, they called REA and asked them to pay for the grading. REA directed them back to me, and payment was made. When I attempted to add the final card tot he set registry, I found that my access was denied, as it was submitted under REA's account. I had to contact REA in order to get the cert #. We were charged a premium price, for sub-standard turnaround. To add to it, my father in law asked for extra SMR's that featured our story, something that they had promised early on in the process. Roy stated it would not be a problem, he just needed his credit card number to cover shipping.

nice.