View Single Post
Old 07-20-2013, 06:00 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by btcarfagno View Post
I recently purchased a "Chicago Cubs Autograph Book" circa 1937. Really neat piece. 24 pages, each player has his own page. The book originally was said by the auction house (and JSA who never actually handled the piece which I still can't understand but whatever) to have 4 genuine autographs with the rest being stamped.

Here's my dilemma.

It seems to me that there are quite a few other actual signatures as well. There are quite a few that are obvious stamps, and then there are some that I am having trouble distinguishing. This is where I need some help.

What should I look for that will help me to distinguish the ones that may be stamps but aren't quite so obvious?

Thanks for any help.

Tom C
Tom,
I don't know if you have a jewelers loop but they are very helpful in distinguishing what is stamped and what is not.
Under the loop a "signature" that is stamped will have visible breaks and gaps throughout the signature. These are not visible to the naked eye but clearly visible under the loop.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow

Last edited by RichardSimon; 07-20-2013 at 06:01 AM.