View Single Post
Old 10-16-2016, 05:03 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvu_class_of_2001 View Post
I only learned about these a little over a year ago, when a piece on them was in the first issue of Beckett vintage collector. If you're interested, I'm more than happy to scan and post them.

I love those envelopes and advertising. Very jealous as I'd love to have something random like that.

I actually picked up a couple of Blackhawks a few months ago, since I knew a small amount of them and came across them at a show. I had them graded by Beckett just to encapsulate and protect them. Was shocked at how large the holder is.
I'd love to see them, WVU, that would be great!

I am glad my Father kept those envelopes and the advertising piece. I have seen a few envelopes for sale but never the advertising piece itself. I thought there were only 5 but there are 6 in total.

I'm curious where you purchased your Beehives, was it in the State of Texas? If so, that is interesting, considering their lack of popularity and the fact they made it all the way down there.

Glad to hear Beckett grades them. I have been told Beckett is a great resource for info and prices. Guess I should join to see for myself.

Dale

EDIT: Just read some of your blog, Kin. Very interesting. I am looking forward to reading more. I see your a Andrew Shaw fan. This was 2 years ago. My son was fortunate to play a game of shinny with Andrew Shaw. He was a great guy!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0820 (Large).jpg (69.2 KB, 109 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0900 (Large).JPG (64.9 KB, 110 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0867 (Large).JPG (61.3 KB, 109 views)

Last edited by irv; 10-16-2016 at 05:15 AM.