View Single Post
Old 07-26-2009, 08:02 PM
Jon Canfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawika View Post
Hey, Gray Ghost. Who said your posts are always negative? This is a great thread. Jimmy, if that postcard read "Best Wishes, David" I'd be all over it. I'd knock over gas stations, sell body parts, whatever. Go for it, man; he wrote it to you. As for me, I don't particularly seek out autographs. I like them best on baseball cards and have been especially lucky to own the autographed '34 Goudey Gehrig portrait and the M116 Sporting Life Joe Wood, two of my favorite old-time players, both of which I have posted on these forums ad infinauseam. My dream autograph would be any of a T3, T206 White Cap or '15 CJ signed by Christy Mathewson. I don't recollect ever seeing any Matty BB card that was signed, and I am sure if one came available its acquisition would require the knocking over of many gas stations and the sale of many body parts.
David - I saw a PSA/DNA slabbed Matty T206 a few years back although I believe the signature was highly questioned so not sure who owns it, where it now lies, or whether it is believed to be good or not.