View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 02:14 PM
Jeff P

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankbmd View Post
Established in 1919, nothing represents Vintage Football better than the team from Green Bay. I therefore propose the following Monster Vintage Football Number:

1 points for each vintage Hall of Fame football player (maximum of 9)
10 points for each vintage Green Bay Packer HOFer (maximum of 9)
900 points for a share of Green Bay Packers stock.
1 point for a Curly Lambeau autograph.

-50 points if any of the Hall of Famers above played for Da Bears.

Okay, Jeff, let's see. 900 for the stock, 90 for 9 GB HOFers on the 61 team card, 9 for 9 other HOFers including Thorpe, Graham, Baugh, Unitas, Gifford, Robustelli, Layne, Van Brocklin & Tittle. Ooops, no Lambeau auto. Looks like I'm at 999. What's your MVFN, Jeff?
Ok, I think we are close to having something here. I would request only one *slight* modification. Since the baseball monster number for each card is given a value based upon its relative worth as compared to the other cards in the set (a very rough approach, I might add), I believe we should adjust your MVFN numbers to account for this. We can probably agree that HOF'ers are all worth 1 point and also Curly Lambeau's auto as you stated but let's talk about the Green Bay Packer stock you own. You see, I looked into purchasing a share of Green Bay Packer stock the last time they offered it to the public and found out something very interesting when I read the stock agreements. THESE SHARE ARE NOT WORTH ANYTHING. Not redeemable, not sellable, not resaleable, not worth a nickel and explicitly set up to never be of any value. So to be fair, after consultation with my crack accountant, he calculates that the MVFN number for a share of Green Bay Packer stock should be assigned the value zero, the same exact value that one would assign to a Ryan Leaf rookie card.

Ready to play?

jeff