View Single Post
Old 03-11-2018, 06:05 PM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batpig View Post
Amex definitely has it in the fine print. That's the one I checked for sure before this auction, hoping I could have that to fall back on, since Amex usually sides with buyers.
Just pulled up my terms and conditions for amex. The section on disputes if you are unhappy with your purchase was surprisingly short. No specific mention of auction houses, but interesting that the policy does not apply to purchases out of state or made 100 miles from home. I'm not sure how that rule would apply to an online purchase made from my home but to a company out of state. Perhaps an attorney could clarify. Hi Peter

Your Rights

If You Are Dissatisfied With Your Credit Card Purchases If you are dissatisfied with the goods or services that you have purchased with your credit card, and you have tried in good faith to correct the problem with the merchant, you may have the right not to pay the remaining amount due on the purchase. To use this right, all of the following must be true:

1. The purchase must have been made in your home state or within 100 miles of your current mailing address, and the purchase price must have been more than $50. (Note: Neither of these are necessary if your purchase was based on an advertisement we mailed to you, or if we own the company that sold you the goods or services.)

2. You must have used your credit card for the purchase. Purchases made with cash advances from an ATM or with a check that accesses your credit card account do not qualify.

3. You must not yet have fully paid for the purchase. If all of the criteria above are met and you are still dissatisfied with the purchase, contact us in writing at: American Express PO Box 981535 El Paso TX 79998-1535 While we investigate, the same rules apply to the disputed amount as discussed above. After we finish our investigation, we will tell you our decision. At that point, if we think you owe an amount and you do not pay, we may report you as delinquent.