View Single Post
Old 02-14-2018, 01:56 PM
pete ullman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtrain View Post
Let's say that in 1990, at the time of the SCD article, Julia Ruth Stevens,
then a mere 74 years old was asked about this piece. Why would she
remember anything about the circumstances involving a photo from 56 years earlier? Why would this stick in the memory of Babe's 18 year old daughter?
I have no idea whether this piece is legitimate. However, I don't think Ms. Steven's certificate adds much to the proofs.
I tend to agree with this sentiment on the JRS document...then again if this DID happen and she were highly aware of her dads escapades...it's a story you'd remember.

Obviously when any of us own a piece we want it to be rare...and valuable...because we own it! I think we're all guilty of that phenomenon. Are there any other "proof" 35 goudeys that appear similar to this? I have not been able to find a comparable. It'd be great if you could get a high res scan of it so we could see more of the detail of the alterations.

The crux was to show off your piece...it's a cool piece...and the fact it raises a lot of questions makes it a lot more interesting than "look at my new t206!"

I am not super familiar with the 35 premiums. Are most of the poses shared with 33 goudey poses?