View Single Post
Old 01-19-2002, 12:44 PM
Administrator

Default How come with every size variation, the smaller card always has sharper corners?

Posted By: petecld

I agree with you 100%. I think collectors rely too heavily on the old "production standards" excuse. I also don't think PSA or any grading company for that matter gives a flying rats butt. They have the submitters money and any "size" challenge is really a matter of opinion so there is no legal recourse.

fact is you can not argue there are legitimate variance in sizes for "T", "N" and "E" cards. I think the best approach for has been using my gut instinct. I've seen some really nice cards that "looked" great but something "seemed" wrong. I will trust how a card "seems to me" over how it "looks to me" every time. Naive? Maybe. But when I look at a card I bought I don't want to fell like I've done something I'll be sorry for later.

If I am offered a VG card, full size or a Nm/Mt card that is not full sized, I will always opt for the full sized, Vg card. Too much money is spent on cards not to be comfortable with your purchase and I was never a condition freak any way.

I hear so many collectors complain about the grades they get so then I have to wonder what are the grading companies good for any way. I haven't seen a PRO card that I would consider buying and don't even get me going on NASA.

It is this size issue that I felt so strongly about the E94 cards "billjo" sold on ebay. If I didn't know about the Lipset auction I may have bought some of those trimmed cards which "looked" fine and were just as the seller stated - merely "short". I'm sorry, but a "short" card and a "trimmed" card are two vastly different cards and yet both may measure the same. It's all about the integrity and motivation of the seller or in the example "plastic.dog" brought the integrity and motivation of the grading company.