View Single Post
Old 09-21-2013, 03:49 PM
C0nor D0na.hue

Years ago when I first started collecting vintage I bought several times from Dean. At first I loved his site's simplicity and ease of use. After a while, however, I realized how expensive he was compared to other dealers and stopped buying from him. At one point during this time my dad bought me a complete set from Dean which came in an 800 ct box. When I got it, I opened it, checked the key cards, and put them back in the box. Four years later I decided to put the set in pages and as I did I realized a card was missing...then two...then three...then 78. There were 78 duplicates, 78 missing cards, and two team cards with team stickers stuck right on them. Because it was four years later I figured I was SOL but decided to call them anyway. I talked to a guy (not Dean), explained the situation, and he told me to email him a list of the missing numbers. I did, and a week later a box showed up, free of charge. I thought that was pretty amazing. When I opened the box, they still screwed up 3 or 4 cards which I still had to go track down elsewhere. You can take this story as a positive or a negative, depending on how you choose to. The guy could have just told me tough shit, but he tried to fix it. In the end though, they still came up short.

Last edited by conor912; 09-21-2013 at 03:51 PM.