View Single Post
Old 03-14-2009, 10:27 PM
Administrator

Default Auction House Question

Posted By: James Gallo

Rand,

I have no idea who you are and I don't recognize you at all as a frequent poster. I have no idea why you are coming at me so hard, but whatever your entitled to an opinion especially since I asked for them.

I was extremely nice to the seller but when someone spits in your face you get pissed. Also I wasn't after a bargain I was after a card that was properly advertised and decent customer service and respect. I didn't get any of these!!

That being said if the card was not trimmed and came back authentic I would not have a problem at all. The problem is that the card was trimmed and this wasn't disclosed. Hell Dan looked at the card for 10 seconds and knew it was trimmed. When I went to address the issue, it was dealt with very poorly.

I was trying to talk to the dealer about the card and he walked away from me. As I stated it took about 20 minutes of back and forth before he even agreed to give a refund at all.

Fred,

No it was not a E90-1 card

I don't think the value of the card was greatly effected by the grade, but it would take a small hit. I am not sure I could get much more then $200 or so out of it. We all know that there is a sigma around authentic cards and there are many people that will still prefer a 10 over an authentic even if the authentic looks nicer.

Dan,

Perhaps I am making a mountain, but I wouldn't have even brought the issue up if it was handled better. You saw me get the run around. That being said as I stated I could tell from the pictures that the card had not been repaired so I had not reason to doubt it would grade even in it's beat up shape.

And don't give me that grading speech either happy.gif

James G

Looking for 1915 Cracker Jacks and 1909-11 American Caramel E90-1.