View Single Post
Old 12-26-2018, 09:36 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darner View Post
Connie Mack Day ribbon from July 10, 1934 when the Athletics manager was celebrated in Brookfield, MA his hometown. I am interested in finding other items from this day - photos, ticket stubs, program, etc.
The ribbon has an 'N' for North Brookfield which is a separate town from Brookfield which is a bit confusing. Even though he was born in Brookfield the area where he was born was incorporated as the Town of East Brookfield in 1920. If you drive down Rte 9, which is more of a local road this far west, you will find Connie Mack Drive near the center of town. I used to drive past it regularly when I lived in Worcester about 18 miles to the east. Using newspaper sights you may find articles in the Worcester Telegram or Worcester Gazette. Sturbridge to the south or Ware to the west may have also had papers. Additionally the East Brookfield Public Library has a website which you can find on the towns website.

Unfortunately the land records for Worcester county are only searchable by name online back to 1961. If it went back further I could probably give the exact location of his parents house.

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”

Last edited by Michael B; 12-26-2018 at 09:36 PM.