View Single Post
Old 09-07-2013, 11:52 AM
Bill Gregory

Default Ok baseball fans, here's an interesting question.

With all the serious talk that's been going on, I thought a light hearted topic might be fun. Anticipate silliness, and some eye rolls, but participate if you dare.

You are friends with Dr. Emmett Brown (yes, I realize he is a fictional character. Bear with me). After the rousing success of the DeLorean time machine, "Doc" has decided to give time travel another go, only this time, no Libyans will be involved. There will be no cool cars, no 88 miles per hour, or one-point-twenty-one jiggawatts. Just pure, unadulterated time travel.

Seriously, though. Would you let this man send you back in time?

The new time machine has one limitation. Because of power limitations ("Doc" spent most of his family's fortune, after all), you can only go back in time for ten minutes before you need to come home. As baseball fans, and baseball card collectors, what would you choose to do with your ten minutes?

Clearly, ten minutes is not enough time to take in a game. You might be able to locate an old store with baseball cards for sale, though....

Woolworths circa 1952? Yes, please!

Maybe instead you'd use your ten minutes to change something that happened in the past:

"Roberto, don't get in that plane."

or...

"Hey Fred, make sure to touch second before running off the field."

or...

"Mr. Branca, maybe you should avoid throwing Bobby any curve balls today."

or...

"Hey, Thurman, your wife called. You'll have to practice landings another day."

or...

"Mick, did you know there's a sprinkler head in left center field?

How would you use your ten minutes?

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.