View Single Post
Old 05-11-2015, 09:15 AM
A.rt Se.rgi

Default re:Chris

Chris,
I worked for Tony P circa 1989 -1990 and remembered that he had a plethora of autographed stuff always available and typically 3"x5", 5"x7" and 8"x10". What was very strange is that for example when Billy Martin died within a week or so Tony acquired 500 autographed "8x10" pictures for his double "Gone But Not Forgotten" placque. Now when did Martin sign this stuff if he even did? Also, strange was a series of 500 Home Run Club plaques about 15 that contained all autographs (Ruth etc.)?? These were 3" x 5' photos. Then there were lithos signed by many football players like Montana, Marino and Elway at least 200 limited edition. I have done engravings and deliveries which is when I met Ken G., Paul G. and Mike B. of Scoreboard. Now Scoreboard seemed legit since they were dealing with HSN and QVC from what I know. Anything mounted for Scoreboard was supplied by Scoreboard as i remember. Once interesting plaques was Pete Rose signed with a red engraved plate that said "Charlie Hustle" and an actual base on it. Berto designed in front of me and he was happy with it and again he seemed on the level to me. I have some stuff Tony gave me but I'd bet it is junk easily from everything I have read about him and how he hurt this hobby.
@rt Ser.gi

Last edited by Leon; 05-11-2015 at 05:16 PM. Reason: added hidden name