View Single Post
Old 07-20-2005, 04:39 PM
Administrator

Default Favorite National?

Posted By: jackgoodman

The Anaheim convention set the mark for attendance and promos. Luckily having a table allowed me to come in from the parking garage right into the middle of the floor. Otherwise, I probably wouldn't have tried to fight the crowds for admission. I picked up one of those Reggie Disney cards accidently walking by just as they were giving them out. On my way back to my table, I happened to notice Reggie starting to sit down at a table to start signing. So I walked over to him and he signed the card for me. 10 minutes later someone offered me $50 seeing the card in my case. Like a fool, I didn't sell it.

But the most memorable one was the 1987 San Francisco convention. Cards were flying off our tables during set-up and we had to go home that evening to stock up on more cards to put up for sale (not a bad thing). Picked up a really great condition Dan Dee Mantle, a '41 Playball DiMaggio and a '39 Williams that still reside in my collection.

Also still have the original 1987 convention tee shirt (Bob Lee - ever the entrepreneur) never worn and the official convention pin.