View Single Post
Old 06-12-2018, 12:11 PM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by the 'stache View Post
I'm a bit curious why you composed your list the way you did, Raymond. You included Gold Gloves, but not Silver Sluggers. You listed top 5 Cy Young voting, but not top 5 for MVP.

Because I have a life, Bill.

And technically, Ryan Braun was banned for using an illegal substance. The headlines many sports sites posted erroneously stated he was being punished because of PEDs. Ryan Braun used an unapproved substance to heal a calf injury during the 2011 playoffs. He still broke the rules, and deserved the suspension, but I hate the insinuation by many that Braun had to resort to performance enhancers to be a great player. Nothing is further from the truth. He was tested left and right in 2012, and all his tests were clean while he led the NL in home runs, and finished second in the MVP. A reoccurring nerve issue in his thumb that greatly affected his ability to hit in 2013 and '14 will likely cost him a chance at the Hall of Fame, not a suspension.

That detail doesn't matter to me, I put ALL cheaters in the same pile. For what they get paid, there should never be a situation in which they do not know whether or not what they inject or otherwise use are on the banned substances lists. And braun lied and lied about it, too.

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente

Last edited by clydepepper; 06-12-2018 at 12:17 PM.