View Single Post
Old 06-03-2018, 08:08 PM
Howard Chasser

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian1961 View Post
I posted this photo last July on the still current Mickey Mantle thread. Figured since these are mostly regionals, it would fit the thread.

Many of these items in my case are among my prized regionals: a pair of 1962 JELL-O mint unfolded boxes, a pair of 1961 Bazooka panels, and an SGC 50 1954 Stahl-Meyer Franks Mickey Mantle. The latter's technical grade would easily cause one to woefully underestimate this magnificent beauty. For the centered Mantle aficionado, it is 50-50, 50-50 dead-centered, extremely unusual for a 54-55 Stahl-Meyer.

On top of the case is another 1960 Post Cereal Grape Nuts Flakes Mickey Mantle, the first one SGC ever graded. They were willing to give it a try, but knew it would be ever so close to the boundaries of its over-sized card holder. It JUST fit, and I must say looks awesome.

The 1966 Dexter Press Mickey Mantle was, according to fellow collector Keith Olbermann, only available at Yankee Stadium vendor stands. He personally saw them available there that wretched year. The original 1962 Salada Coins ad is not rare, but it is beautiful, and I highly prize it.

Love to see a close up of the Stahl Meyer - that is one TOUGH card - add to that the condition it's in and make that near impossible!!