Thread: REA Gary Cooper
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 11:59 AM
Shelly Jaf.fe

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaddurbin View Post
obviously some opinions from family members are more weighted than others due to their level of involvement. i'm not dismissing the testimonial at all, and shelly has done some research into the daughter so we can put hers higher up. however if you ask my wife, or most members' wives here...i don't think they can differentiate whether i own a jeter or a pujols, much less a cobb or a wagner.

and the forgers in their basements perfecting their craft on ruths and gehrigs, it won't be for the "cooper ruth" where the lineage can possibly be traced back. it will be some bland 3x5 or scuffled reach ball, so at the end of the day it'll be whether the sig is good or not...and as often the time comes like the ruth 700th hr ticket you'll have some experts believe it's good while others don't.
I would agree if this was not a very significant piece. This was given to her father from someone as famous or more famous than him. It was for a movie where he was nominated for an Oscar. I really dont think you would forget seeing it no matter what.

Last edited by shelly; 04-30-2013 at 01:22 PM.