View Single Post
Old 05-13-2017, 12:16 PM
d.ean

CB,

I have two signed jerseys (Sandberg, Ripken). I have always thought the framed jersey (if done well) was pretty nice looking. Some couple 8x10's and cards with the jersey for just a massive looking piece. I have heard collector's complain that over time, the collar of a framed jersey will roll. The rolling might have to do with how the framer pinned the piece, I have no clue. I opted for a jersey display case which is an acrylic hanger in a box (ex. https://www.wayfair.com/Mounted-Memo...%5B%5D=9893361 - I did not purchase this case). I like the look and the fact that the jersey can be swapped out. Preservationists could argue that over time, the stress on the fibers pressing against the hanger will damage the item which is probably true, but I my jerseys are Mitchell and Ness replicas and not game used uniforms of Gehrig or Cobb. Legendary collector Barry Halper had so many jerseys, he stored them on a dry cleaners conveyer belt which I would assume was housed in a climate controlled environment. Good luck.

Last edited by Huck; 05-13-2017 at 01:22 PM.