View Single Post
Old 02-26-2007, 05:49 PM
Administrator

Default There are fewer high grade 150 series T206s than from other series

Posted By: Ted Zanidakis

I don't know where to start responding to your posts here.....let's 1st try this one. You stated....
"However, whatever the case may be (whether there is a difference between the two series or not)
we can't appropriately resolve the issue through a survey of self-selected participants."

What "self-selected participants" ? What are you talking about ? ?

Collectors have randomly offered their data on the Graded T206's and the results so far indicate
that there are available a lot more 2nd and 3rd Series cards for a given high Graded (5 or higher)
than the 1st Series cards.

And, this is consistent with the fact that.....

(1) there are twice as many 350 Subjects cards in the T206 set than 150 Subjects

(2) ATC printed a lot more of the 350 Subjects cards than the 150 Subjects cards

So, we can expect that the 5 to 1 (or greater ratios) of 350 vs 150 cards that we are seeing are so.
All your fancy stat. analysis (with all due respect) does not cut it for me. And, I will tell you why.....
I have put together FOUR (near complete) T206 sets in the past 26 years. In that process, I have
had in my hands and seen with my eyes approx. 15,000 - T206's. From this huge sample I can say
for a fact that I have observed considerably better condition cards with 350 and 460 Subjects
backs than 150 Subjects cards.

Is that a statistically large enough sample for you ?

TED Z