View Single Post
Old 02-02-2015, 11:22 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
David, that's not how all Seattle fans felt. I agree that it should have been a field goal attempt, as did everyone who was watching the play with me. We let out a gasp of relief when he got the touchdown. Same for the Jon Ryan Pass against Green Bay. You get good with the bad with this offensive play-calling. Overall, I'll take it.

But I have to ask: why all the anger? Did you have a bad experience in Seattle? I would call Seattlites passive-aggressive, falling-off-the-cliff left-wing, hypocrites when it comes to screaming for change but then drinking a latte and letting the street kids do their marching, etc, etc., but not football hypocrites. That's crazy talk.
Scott, I'm not angry, I'm confused. Here's what I'm confused about. The call to go for it with 6 seconds left in the half was EQUALLY as BAD as the call to pass it on 2nd and goal (when we can pretty much all agree that they should have given it to Lynch). So why are the Seattle fans only talking about the poor play call at the end of the game? Why no discussion about the poor play call to end the half? I'll tell you why. Because the bad play call to end the half resulted in a TD and the bad play call at the end of the game resulted in an interception. I think it's hypocritical to criticize one and not the other. They were both equally bad.

I also think that if that would have been a TD instead of an interception, Hawks fans would have been bragging about the brilliant play call. You know I'm right on that one.