View Single Post
Old 02-25-2019, 06:39 PM
Curt

I just realized that it was Banty Red that I bought, not Helmar, but the quality of the cards appears to be and is described similarly. Now as to who makes and distributes them, I want to say it is a single seller for each, but I am not sure. I know both have cards that sell very well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchcollins View Post
How do you know if they are "real" Helmars - does only a particular seller offer them? I've seen these before and they've always looked interesting, but I've never bought one. Since I decided recently that real prewar is generally out of my price range, I was wondering if a Helmar here and there might be an affordable alternative to still get a nice piece of certain players who might otherwise be out of reach. Would be curious to hear from anyone who actually has some of these. Do you enjoy them? Do they smack of being "fake" or some type of later day reproduction? I think I might could get behind something actually with the knowledge that it was hand crafted with some thought behind what it was, and not just a cheap reprint.