Thread: August Pickups
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2017, 06:56 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian1961 View Post
Hiya Dale. To answer your good question, no, the 1967 Coca-Cola premiums were not glued to a backing piece of cardboard; rather, they were completely printed on the high quality photographic card stock. Thus, the Coke premiums are like the simulated wood border Bee-Hives from their later years.

According to the Krause Standard Cat, the size of the Coke premiums are 5 1/2" X 7".

Interesting---the Krause Standard Cat lists the set as 1967 Dexter Press. They got it wrong. Their description indeed tells us it's a Coca-Cola premium. However, I don't understand why they would put the printing company before the sponsor for which the cards belong. It would be like calling the Morrell issues "Mirror Chrome", or Hunters, Stahl-Meyer, and Briggs "Milprint".

All to say, the promotion and title of a set belong to the parent company who sponsored and paid the printing company to produce and print trading cards for their promotion.

---Brian Powell
So you just placed the Aaron on a piece of red cardboard/paper then?

When I first seen it, it looked identical to how Beehives were distributed with the actual pic glued to the backing paper. I was just guessing, thinking maybe these were done the same way.

I appreciate the info, Brian.