View Single Post
Old 12-21-2007, 07:47 PM
Administrator

Default O/T Pet Peeve on Best Offers (Ebay)

Posted By: James Gallo

Here is one thing that has not been brought up.

What if something is so rare that there are no price points or very very few. How do you price it aside from a best offer? Often I let stuff build up so I will run a bunch of auctions at once but want to get it listed to "be seen".

I have a lot of stuff in my ebay store and most have best offer options. I am always willing to consider something however if I have something listed for $600 and someone offers me $11, that is rude on their part and they don't get a response. Let's assume that the piece is even overpriced and is on;y worth $300, is $11 a serious offer? Come on... Why are you wasting my time by reading the offer....

I listed a few high grade m101-5s and based my prices on other cards in people's store. After talking to someone about the card i made a deal that gets me about $500 in value. if I was offered the $500 cash I probably would have taken it, however for a high grade early card it is hard to price.

So I think these are a few reasonable points as to why people have high BIN and why some people never get a response.

James G

Looking for 1915 Cracker Jacks and 1909-11 American Caramel E90-1.