View Single Post
Old 12-09-2019, 06:49 PM
Mark Macrae

Not a paid endorsement..But I've known Rick for twenty years and have purchased thousands of Mylar snugs from him over the last few years. This venture produces a high quality product at very competitive prices. Libraries and museums around the world use 4 mil Mylar. In fact, the Baseball Hall of Fame announced last year that their card and paper collection will be housed in Mylar rather than slabs....YES, there is a reason.... If you compare Rick's prices to Gerber or Bill Cole (the two largest Mylar suppliers) you'll find the same, or better pricing. Gerber has a good seam, but still runs 2-3 % defective. Cole has an irregular seam and slightly higher defective rate. I bought from both of them for years and neither offered any return privileges or adjustments for the defective product.... Rick has replaced any damaged product that I have bought from him (under 1%) and his seams are the best. I hope that his venture is successful and continues to recruit collectors to the best longterm method of storage for paper collectibles