View Single Post
Old 02-05-2018, 10:18 AM
Todd Schultz

The game was somewhat entertaining, and congrats to Eagles fans, but I sure hope it was an aberration. If I want to watch the game played like that on a consistent basis, I'll just buy Arena League tickets and see it there.

One punt in the entire game. One. Now I know nobody tunes in to watch the punters face off, but for cryin in the beer, there was basically zero defense played in that game. May as well have been an NBA All-Star game.

I don't like either team, which may explain things, as I'm sure if my guys won it would have been the greatest game ever played. Also, having recently celebrated another birthday that pushes me even further into curmudgeon land, I'm trying real hard to not sit on my porch and preach about how great football and everything else used to be. Still, one punt?
If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other. - Ulysses S. Grant, military commander, 18th US President.