Thread: R E Question
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 10:50 AM
J0n Fu.ld

D,
My grandfather kept his t206s, my dad his 50s cards, and since age 6, now over 30 years ago, all I have collected/dealt is pre-war autos and game used and mostly of Ruth, Gehrig, DiMaggio, Lajoie, Cobb, and Wagner plus Mantle. 7 players. Mostly game used today. but for about 10 years it was autos. I have reviewed thousands of Ruths. Your Ruths did, and do, look good to me. and though I much respect other opinions, I always review myself. I had bid on one.
What threw me was the withdrawal. and from REA. Rob is very smart and I know the due diligence he performs. I could not understand withdrawal but for concerns regarding either authenticity or ownership. and JSA does a good job too. we all make errors but they do a good job.
So I was a little thrown by a withdrawal on items REA, JSA and I had already signed off on.
Emotion as a reason for withdrawal - was this in the contract ?! I did not account for. After thousands of auctions and 30 years, I had never heard of items being withdrawn from an auction due to emotions.
But they did look good to me. ideally need name of the original owner ! and PSA.
and now you have removed your anonymity with regard to the items, people know you owned them, not an anonymous consignor, this is a plus.
My best.

Last edited by BigJJ; 05-02-2013 at 01:58 PM.