View Single Post
Old 02-24-2017, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
LOL. That would go over well!
I can picture a steady stream of TPG's arriving at each others places of business daily all crying afoul about what each company isn't doing that they should be! It would be a gong show, guaranteed!!

I like your second suggestion as I have always thought it would be nice to find out why your card got the grade it did.
I believe Beckett has quit doing this, but they use to have scores/grades on their flips that would state something like 8 for centering, 9 for corners, 7 for surface wear etc, then the final average grade in the top right. I believe most on here like this but for some reason Beckett was the only one who did this for some reason?
Beckett has sub-grades on their modern cards and has specific rules for the overall grade in relation to the individual sub-grades.

The fact that PSA and SGC do not do so on any of their products leads me to believe they have something to hide. Giving a card a specific grade without explaining why exactly it got that makes no sense. It's a "Where's Waldo" on the flaw(s) of each card vs. BGS you know exactly what's wrong with the card, if anything.

I have harped on them constantly of revising and publishing a separate set of grading standards for vintage cards AND putting sub-grades back onto their vintage cards. It boggles my mind why you wouldn't do this and I believe in a short amount of time that could boost their vintage submissions AND give them better credibility in the vintage market.

Ask me about discounted BGS/BVG pricing for Net54 Members!