View Single Post
Old 05-21-2017, 05:19 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

If you really want something and want to sniff out fraud, seems to me the best thing you can do it watch an auction in the closing minute and see if the action passes the smell test. If it does jump in. If not just let it go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinD View Post
Well if I have nothing else to do, then yes I can do this like I did years ago and do the two things you stated. Spend my whole day waiting for the auction to end or putting some max bid in and hoping for the best.

What really has happened when I did that over the past 20 years on eBay is a massive about of frustration as I forgot about an auction till a couple minutes after it ended because I lost track of time or I paid an absolute crap ton more than I would have on a last second bid. Reason being that either a legit bidder nickel and dime bid me to near my max till they decided they did not want it or a Shiller did it dishonestly. Sniping kills those opportunities for shills and non snipers to add bids.

Gavelsnipe is free and takes no effort, working for wasted money by not sniping is effort.