View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 07:43 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
In fairness, you can't argue with Chris' willingness to satisfy any doubts the winning bidder might have:

"If the winning bidder would like to have the baseball sent to the FBI labs at Quantico, VA, then we would be pleased to work with them to help facilitate that process prior to the settlement of the auction and as long as the process did not damage the baseball in any manner."
Sure, anybody can walk into the FBI lab at Quantico and say "gentlemen, please examine this." Easy to say lets get the FBI to take a look, but is that really a possibility? My guess would be no it is not possible but that is only my guess.
It is not a criminal case, the FBI is not investigating the individuals involved with this (at least I don't think they are), so is the FBI really going to just take a baseball that walks in off the street and submit it to vigorous testing?
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow

Last edited by RichardSimon; 02-22-2013 at 07:52 PM.